If you are in touch with makeup trends and norms in regards to the current makeup industry, it will come as no surprise to you that more and more women are showing an interest in liquid lipstick.
For those who are unfamiliar with such a product, liquid lipstick is similar to a standard lipstick in terms of its function, but liquid lipstick typically comes in a tube equipped with a wand for application, whereas traditional lipstick typically comes in a twist up tube. Furthermore, traditional lipstick tends to wear off over the course of several hours, or after eating and drinking, whereas liquid lipstick is intended to stay on your lips all day.
Seriously. If you find a good quality liquid lipstick, you will know that the shit does not budge.
I figured I would come up with a list of pros and cons of liquid lipstick in response to all the rage in the cosmetic industry right now. Feel free to share your opinions as well!
(1) Liquid lipstick products tend to come in a variety of finishes, meaning you can apply a matte version or a creamy version. Traditional lipsticks typically come in a creamier finish.
(2) Liquid lipstick is made to last. If you invest in a good quality brand, I promise you that disappointment will not be of relevance in terms of product performance. Feel free to eat, drink, hell even swim with it on your lips. It shouldn’t budge.
(3) Liquid lipstick is more durable than traditional lipstick. Tube lipsticks can often break or become damaged in their packaging, whereas liquid lipsticks often come in glass tubes and are not prone to possibility of breaking because of their liquid formula.
(1) Liquid lipstick tends to have a very bold finish. If you’re looking for a subtle touch of colour, it is probable that liquid lipstick will be too intense once it dries.
(2) Liquid lipstick is time consuming to apply, whereas traditional lipstick can be applied with a few quick swipes.
(3) Liquid lipstick can be incredibly drying to lips, and if the product is poor quality, it can emphasize every crevice on your lips, making them appeared chapped and damaged.
Some recommendations I can provide in terms of which liquid lipsticks to purchase are Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick, Kat Von Dee liquid lipstick, Colourpop liquid lipstick, and Kylie Jenner’s line of liquid lipsticks.
If you try any out let me know how they worked for you!