Environmental awareness has never been more of a priority in society than it is today, and with good reason. Global warming is a serious issue that is becoming more and more prevalent yearly, hence why it is useful to be knowledgeable as to how you can reduce your carbon footprint and produce less waste. These tips come from Small Footprint Family, and they’re worth the read.
- Refrain from purchasing beverages in single-serve bottles or cans
- Use a reusable water bottle and avoid buying plastic ones
- Use a reusable coffee mug/tumbler
- Use recyclable and/or compostable Keurig and Tassimo pods
- Use a reusable container to bring lunch and/or snacks to work/school
- Bring your own reusable container to restaurants to bring home leftovers rather than takeout containers
- When possible, return jars to sellers
- Return egg cartons and berry boxes to sellers
- Bring reusable bags to the grocery store, and use them for other shopping as well
- Recycle old clothing into rags that can be used for cleaning in the house
- Make your own non-toxic cleaning products at home
- Compost food scraps
- Donate clothing and other items to charities
These are just a few examples of how to produce less waste in your own home. Some of them may require slightly more work and/or effort to practice, but in the long-run, isn’t it worth it?
When I was younger I really wasn’t overly concerned with global warming and the environment as a whole, but now that I am older and have learned a great deal about the state of the planet, I try my best to be mindful about waste and pollution. The above suggestions are simple changes that can be made without much hassle, and these changes are needed more now than ever. After all, we only have one Planet Earth, so let’s treat it with respect.
Photo on <a href=”https://visualhunt.com/re/2983c9″>Visualhunt.com</a>