I once heard a saying that was something along the lines of ‘if you come across something in life that doesn’t make you miserable, it’s best to hold onto it,’ and it really resonated with me. If I’m not mistaken, the quote may have come from an episode of Sons of Anarchy, although I could not tell you the specific episode in which it is scripted.
I’m a huge Sons fan, but not that huge.
This quote popped into my mind as I sat down to write today’s post, and so I thought I would compile a list of some of the things in life that bring me joy. Call it a gratitude list, if you will, or simply consider it a compilation of elements of life that have the ability to make me smile – regardless of how you wish to label this activity, it is one I believe everyone could benefit from putting it into practice.
- Cats and all of their ridiculous quirks and attitude issues
- Spending time with my doggies
- Walking into a building with wicked air conditioning when I’m outdoors in the hot sun for a while
- I would also say air conditioning as a whole
- Climbing into a hot bath on a chilly evening
- Feeling the sun on my skin after a long winter
- My morning cup of coffee
- My family
- My friends
- The Last Kingdom
- Charlie Hunnam
- Travis Fimmel
- Tom Hardy
- Starbucks cold brew coffee
- Both giving and receiving good hugs
- Small acts of kindness, both giving and receiving them
- A good stretch upon waking up in the morning
- My future mother-in-law’s macaroni and cheese
- White wine
- Falling asleep to the sound of rain and/or a thunderstorm
I’m certain I’m missing some, but I hope this list encourages you to contemplate all of your own favourite things.
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/214574/pexels-photo-214574.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1