I’ve never been shy about my love and appreciation for completely random but interesting facts. I enjoy reading them, and they’re educational, so as lame as this passion of mine may seem, at least I’m getting something constructive out of it.
Sometimes I prefer reading up on facts pertaining to a specific subject matter, and sometimes I would rather read facts that are entirely arbitrary. For today’s post, and tomorrow’s, we will be going with the arbitrary vibe.
These facts come from bestlifeonline.com.
- “More human twins are being born now than ever before.
- A narwhal’s tusk reveals its past living conditions.
- The first person convicted of speeding was going eight mph.
- ‘New car smell’ is the scent of dozens of chemicals.
- The world wastes about 1 billion metric tons of food each year.
- The severed head of a sea slug can grow a whole new body.
- Hair and nails grow faster during pregnancy.
- The world’s smallest reptile was first reported in 2021.
- Many feet bones don’t harden until you’re an adult.
- Some sea snakes can breathe through their skin.
- The heads on Easter Island have bodies.
- The moon has moonquakes.
- Goosebumps are meant to ward off predators.
- There’s no such thing as ‘pear cider.’
- Pineapple works as a natural meat tenderizer.
- Humans are the only animals that blush.
- The wood frog can hold its pee for up to eight months.
- The hottest spot on the planet is in Libya.
- You lose up to 30 percent of your taste buds during flight.
- Your nostrils work one at a time.
- Only two mammals like spicy food: humans and the tree shrew.
- A chef’s toque contains 100 folds.
- Rabbits can’t puke.
- The ‘M’s’ in M&Ms stand for ‘Mars’ and ‘Murrie.’
- The human body literally glows.
- Copper door knobs are self-disinfecting.
- Cotton candy was invented by a dentist.
- Marie Curie is the only person to earn a Nobel prize in two different sciences,” the web page states.
Check back tomorrow for more!