I will be entirely transparent and admit that I haven’t left Canada in approximately ten years. The last time I crossed the border, my mom and I flew to Puerto Rico for a family wedding, and it’s been a hot minute since I’ve dabbled in travelling following that excursion. But, prior to this tremendous gap in my travelling resume, I was fortunate enough to visit some rather incredible places, thanks to my mom and dad. They were kind enough to bring my sister and me along on quite a few trips when we were younger, and I have memories from said trips I will forever cherish.
I was reminiscing on travelling I’ve done in the past, and I thought I would share the places I’ve visited with you as well as my honest opinions of these locations. Check it out.
- Florida: I’ve been to Florida twice. The first time we went, we hit up Disney as my sister and I were quite young. The second time we visited, we checked out some other popular attractions aside from Disney, and I absolutely loved Cyprus Gardens.
- Puerto Rico: I’ve been to Puerto Rico three times, and we used to have family that lived there. I absolutely loved Puerto Rico, and some must-see attractions include the El Yunque National Forest and Old San Juan. I also highly recommend Puerto Rican mojitos as they are unreal.
- Hungary: We also have family in Hungary, and Budapest is positively gorgeous, as are the Hungarian parliament buildings.
- Rome: I enjoyed Rome, and seeing the Colosseum was an incredible experience, as was the food. Visiting the Vatican was interesting, but it honestly turned me off from the Catholic Church seeing how much wealth resides within the Vatican.
- England: To date, London remains one of my favourite places to visit. I truly loved England, and I would love to go back again someday.
- Las Vegas: I’ve visited Las Vegas twice, and I think it is the most entertaining place I’ve visited to date. There is so much to do here, and one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life is going dune buggying with my dad through the Nevada desert and taking a Hummer tour of The Grand Canyon.
What are some of your favourite places to visit?
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/1797161/pexels-photo-1797161.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1