I composed a post several weeks ago addressing a shampoo and conditioner I purchased from The Body Shop that I was, and still am quite impressed with. After finding success with said products, I decided I would venture back to the store to check out some of their other products and experiment with them to see if my luck with the brand’s products would continue.
I went into The Body Shop looking for some small stocking stuffers and ended up leaving with a lip pencil and two liquid lipsticks. The lip liner retails for $12.00 and the liquid lipsticks retail for $15.00, and while The Body Shop products are a little pricey I am willing to spend the money because of the high-quality ingredients they integrate into their merchandise. A vast majority of The Body Shop products are vegan and and all of their products are cruelty-free which is a bonus for most customers and allows me to use their products comfortably with all of my intolerances.
As explained on their website, The Body Shop by the year 2020 commits to:
- Doubling their Community Trade programme from 19 to 40 ingredients and helping to enrich communities that produce them
- Helping 40,000 economically vulnerable people to access work around the world
- Engaging 8 million people in their Enrich Not Exploit™ mission, creating their biggest campaign ever
- Investing 250,000 hours of their skills and know-how to enrich the biodiversity of their local communities
- Building bio-bridges, protecting and regenerating 75 million square metres of habitat helping communities to live more sustainably
- Reducing the environmental footprint of their stores every time they refurbish or redesign them
- Developing and delivering three new sustainable packaging innovations
- Ensuring that 70% of their total product packaging does not contain fossil fuels
- Powering 100% of their stores with renewable or carbon balanced energy
- Reducing by 10% the energy use of all their stores
This information comes directly from http://www.thebodyshop.ca, and I think the mission this company has committed to in regards to benefiting individuals and the Earth is tremendously admirable. It is rare to come across large-scale companies that are so invested in making a positive difference which is why I am confident in my support and purchase of products from the brand.
If you have yet to try The Body Shop products, give them a chance! You’re bound to find something you enjoy.