Don’t ask me why, but for whatever reason, I’ve always enjoyed learning and reading about facts pertaining to things I am unfamiliar with. There certainly isn’t anything wrong with learning, and sometimes knowing a thing or two about something rather odd can come in handy, for example, breaking the ice at a work party or something like that.
If you’re feeling bored or, like me, enjoy reading quirky facts, take a look at these interesting tidbits from bestlife.com.
- Competitive art was once part of the Olympics
- There are precisely 100 pleats on a chef’s hat
- The origins of the phrase ‘OMG’ can be traced back to 1917
- There are cats that are actually allergic to human beings
- Fat makes up a large component of the brain
- Originally, men wore high heels
- Stop signs haven’t always been red; they were once yellow
- For a short time, New York was named New Orange
- Andy Warhol was the inspiration for Louboutins shoe soles being red
- Black sapote is a fruit that tastes like chocolate pudding
- Queen Elizabeth II is, believe it or not, a trained mechanic
- Dolphins give one another names
- The bowler hat design was created as a safety measure
- Giant squids have the biggest eyes of any animal on planet Earth
- When a blob of toothpaste is sitting on a toothbrush, the proper term for the toothpaste is a nurdle
- Parrots are capable of reasoning
I recommend checking out the full list of facts on the bestlife website as there is more information pertaining to each fact if you wish to know more about a certain one, or all of them. I find this assortment of information to be pretty neat, and I hope someone else out there reading this does as well.
What are some super random facts you know off hand? Leave a comment below for me to read!