You simply cannot go wrong with a classic, coveted, juicy, meaty hamburger. It’s such a simple creation yet so delightful, and unless you’re vegetarian or vegan, I would wager that hamburgers are one of the best choices of comfort food to enjoy in existence.
I could be wrong in my assumptions, but I do love me a classic burger.
That being said, I thought I would search for a highly-rated homemade burger recipe to perhaps encourage some delectable lockdown creations. This recipe comes from onceuponachef.com.
“Juicy Steakhouse Burgers
By Jennifer Segal
These are the ultimate steakhouse burgers. They are packed with flavor and reliably juicy, even when cooked to well-done.Servings: 8
- 2 pieces white sandwich bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 3 scallions, very finely sliced (optional)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, mash the bread and milk together with a fork until it forms a chunky paste. Add the salt, pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and mix well.
- Add the ground beef and scallions and break the meat up with your hands. Mix everything together until just combined. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and form balls. Flatten the balls into 3/4-inch patties about 4-1/2 inches across. Form a slight depression in the center of each patty to prevent the burgers from puffing up on the grill.
- Oil the grilling grates. Grill the burgers, covered, until nicely browned on the first side, 2 to 4 minutes. Flip burgers and continue cooking for a few minutes more until desired doneness is reached. Before serving, toast the buns on the cooler side of the grill if desired.
- Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The uncooked burgers can be frozen for up to three months. (Freeze the burgers on a baking sheet or plate so their shape sets, then transfer them to a sealable plastic bag for easy storage.) Defrost the burgers overnight in the refrigerator prior to serving and then cook as directed,” the recipe states.
Creating some absolutely mouthwatering burgers from the comfort of home really doesn’t have to be all that complicated, which is exactly what this recipe proves. Enjoy!
Image from https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1568901346375-23c9450c58cd?ixid=MXwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHw%3D&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=602&q=80