Mozzarella sticks are just one of those things that seemingly make life itself better. There’s nothing like biting into a freshly deep-fried, crispy, warm coating and watching the cheese stretch endlessly as you pull such a masterpiece away from your lips.
Get your minds out of the gutter you sick people.
Mozzarella sticks are pretty rad, and I really can’t think of an occasion or celebration in which they wouldn’t be a phenomenal choice. Party? Mozzarella sticks. Family gathering? Mozzarella sticks. Game snack? Mozzarella sticks. Breakfast, lunch and dinner? Mozzarella sticks.
I would like to note that while the idea of consuming mozzarella sticks for all three meals in a given day is incredibly appealing, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it.
Since we’re on the topic, I thought I should share a recipe that enables us to make these Godly creations from the comfort of home. This recipe comes from food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup jarred pizza sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Freeze before frying.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping,” the recipe says.
This recipe takes a mere 15 minutes to produce these puppies, and makes 12-16 mozzarella sticks. It has great reviews and ratings, and it’s relatively simple and straightforward which is always appreciated when it comes to cooking.
Get to work, my friends.
Image from https://img.sndimg.com/food/image/upload/c_thumb,q_80,w_562,h_316/v1/img/recipes/30/97/7/rCPq9e9QCuke3PYJclYM_mfood1.jpg