Mozzarella sticks are just one of those things that seemingly make life itself better. There’s nothing like biting into a freshly deep-fried, crispy, warm coating and watching the cheese stretch endlessly as you pull such a masterpiece away from your lips.
Get your minds out of the gutter you sick people.
Mozzarella sticks are pretty rad, and I really can’t think of an occasion or celebration in which they wouldn’t be a phenomenal choice. Party? Mozzarella sticks. Family gathering? Mozzarella sticks. Game snack? Mozzarella sticks. Breakfast, lunch and dinner? Mozzarella sticks.
I would like to note that while the idea of consuming mozzarella sticks for all three meals in a given day is incredibly appealing, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it.
Since we’re on the topic, I thought I should share a recipe that enables us to make these Godly creations from the comfort of home. This recipe comes from food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup jarred pizza sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Freeze before frying.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping,” the recipe says.
This recipe takes a mere 15 minutes to produce these puppies, and makes 12-16 mozzarella sticks. It has great reviews and ratings, and it’s relatively simple and straightforward which is always appreciated when it comes to cooking.
Get to work, my friends.