While I don’t wear makeup nearly as much as I used to, I can still appreciate some time-saving, effective hacks when it comes to the beauty realm. From hair to makeup to skincare and more, hacks are always appreciated, and because I personally benefit from reading up on and putting hacks into practice, I figured I would hunt for some to share with all of you.
I’ve come up with a hack or two for my own beauty routine, but because I’m not particularly proud of them, I’m going to keep them in the archives until further notice. Instead, we can all benefit from the following hacks which come from Cosmopolitan.
“1. For better grip, flip the bobby pin over so the wavy side is against your head.
2. Insert bobby pins into your ponytail holder vertically to prop up your ponytail.
3. Texturize milkmaid braids with a teasing brush or toothbrush.
4. Twist your hair, and slip your bobby pin underneath to discreetly pin back your strands.
5. Dust an eyeshadow (in the same color family as your hair) along your part to shade your scalp slightly, making your hair appear thicker.
6. Make your nail polish dry faster by soaking your nails in ice water after painting them.
7. The most flattering way to apply concealer is to draw a triangle with the base under your eye and the point toward your cheek.
8. Use a concealer that’s slightly lighter than your skin tone to line three tiny sections of your eyes: the inner ‘V,’ the middle section of your eyelid, and just below your brow bone.
9. Amp up your going-out makeup by contouring and highlighting your facial features with two concealers: one two shades darker than your skin tone and one two shades lighter.
10. Fix foundation stains with a little bit of shaving cream,” the web page explains.
Check back tomorrow for more beauty hacks!
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/3373727/pexels-photo-3373727.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1