Happy, happy new year, my friends. I hope you were all able to participate in whatever your festivity preference for ringing in the new year is, and I wish you all health, love and happiness in 2023 and beyond.
I thought it might be fun to do a 2022 recap – not only for myself, but in hopes of encouraging you to do the same. I think it can be beneficial, in a sense, to recognize some more significant events that occurred within a given year to promote some reflection and acknowledgement of noteworthy happenings.
I guess I’ll list mine, I don’t think there’s a right or wrong way to structure this sort of thing.
- I married the love of my life and celebrated with him alongside friends, family and loved ones at the reception of our dreams on my family’s farm
- Blaine and I moved into our beautiful home and together we marked the start of us living together after dating for eight-and-a-half years
- We had a fantastic online buck and doe raffle event that drew the incredible support of many wonderful and generous people. We are forever grateful
- I had a tremendous bachelorette party with some of my closest gals
- Blaine and I celebrated a few holidays as a married couple for the first time, for example, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween and New Year’s
- I helped to complete another (relatively) successful year of grass-cutting, and also farm work
- I have gained and have had the pleasure of meeting new and wonderful tutoring clients
- Blaine and I have had the privilege of welcoming our cat, Lionel, to our home, originally coming from my parent’s farm. He’s a sassy little bitch but I love him dearly
- I’ve watched some wicked television series’ and movies throughout the year
These are the events that come to mind when I stop to contemplate what stood out this past year, and I think it has the potential to be a positive practice for, hopefully, a few people.
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/949592/pexels-photo-949592.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1