Considering I recently composed a post addressing things that annoy the hell out of me, I figured it would be appropriate to compose a post addressing things that do not annoy the hell out of me, but rather, bring me joy.
This world seems a little too miserable as of late, so I figure spreading some positivity won’t do anyone any harm.
I encourage you to take the time to contemplate all of the small and large things in life that bestow happiness. It is far too easy to overlook small joys and take them for granted, for that matter, therefore being cognisant of things that don’t make us absolutely fucking miserable is a worthwhile practice, in my opinion.
So, here are a few of my favourite things:
- Milk chocolate, but we’re talking Belgium-grade shit. None of that knockoff crap.
- Coffee, and further, vanilla or hazelnut-flavoured coffee
- Feeling the warm sun on your skin after a Canadian winter
- Waking up to the smell of breakfast cooking
- Falling asleep to the sound of a thunderstorm
- Having the opportunity to sleep in when it is rainy and stormy
- Animal cuddles – I would gladly hug most animals, regardless of their ferocity, and I have accepted this is how I will likely die
- Having a productive, accomplished day
- A warm bath on a cold night
- Watching people in love – this one sounds a bit weird, I realize, but I’m not trying to sound like a creeper
- Laughing so hard you cry
- Spending time with people you feel loved and accepted by
- The smell of freshly baked bread
- A freshly cut lawn
- Nature, and immersing myself in it
- Dancing with zero shame after having a few drinks
- Perfectly temperate drinking water
What makes us happy is a significantly subjective concept, and my list will arguably look quite different from someone else’s. Regardless of how odd or random your list may appear, cherish it, and pull it out from time to time to remind yourself of all of these simple but wonderful things in life.
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/2448749/pexels-photo-2448749.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1