It was requested that I write a review of what are, in my opinion, the best mascaras available for purchase at the drugstore. I feel as though a lot of women are under the impression that a good quality mascara has to be categorized as luxury with astronomical prices, but I assure you this is not the case. Through much trial and error, I have found several drugstores mascaras that I think are equal in performance to a majority of luxury mascaras, and are approximately half the cost.
So, here are my top 5 drugstore mascaras!
(1) L’oreal Telescopic Mascara: This mascara is hands down the best I have tried from any other drugstore mascara. It retails for $11.00, and is available in both black and brown shades. This mascara can genuinely enhance lashes to the point where they could pass for falsies – it coats each lash individually with its flexible and small wand-tip, and it can be built up with multiple coats without clumping. It comes close to doubling the length of my own lashes, and it does not flake nor does it smudge. It’s a true winner. The image alongside this post is of my own eyelashes before and after using this mascara – you can see the difference for yourself.
(2) Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara: The name of this mascara is a mouthful, but it performs wonderfully. This mascara is great for individuals with sensitive eyes, because 47% of it’s ingredients are organic while the rest are natural. It plumps and lengthens lashes with each application, and it retails for $8.00.
(3) Covergirl The Super Sizer Lashblast Mascara: This mascara retails for a mere $7.00, and it actually won the 2015 Total Beauty Editor’s Pick award for best mascara. It has a unique wand, allowing you to get into both the inner and outer corners of the eye, and curls your lashes to the max.
(4) L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara: This mascara is known for creating the believable allusion that you’re wearing false lashes, when really you’re not. This mascara lasts throughout the day without smudging or flaking, and it coats lashes without making them crusty or hard. It retails for $8.00.
(5) Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara: I actually first picked up this mascara in Rome a few years back, but rest assured, it is available at your local drugstore. This mascara retails for $7.00, and will give your lashes unbelievable volume. The black version of this product is incredibly pigmented in colour, and curls your lashes beautifully.
I hope you’re able to try out some of these products, because they will not let you down.