I am a completely and totally devoted coffee drinker. I will be honest and admit that I arguably consume more coffee in a day than what is considered to be reasonable or furthermore healthy, but I simply cannot go without it. Coffee is an absolute necessity in my diet and I do not plan on giving it up anytime soon.
That being said, I am trying to substitute one or two coffees in my daily routine for tea. I frequently come across informative articles on social media platforms such as Facebook and Pinterest that explain the many benefits of drinking tea, so I figured I would create a post discussing the different types of tea and the unique benefits they each offer.
The following information comes from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AQanQ-uRE_KSQGq2n798bONvOxqPfkVA01f3uMA0L2OXzA0YnyGmrig/:
- Green Tea: Promotes weight loss, aids in treating acne and allergies and relieves bloating
- Peppermint Tea: Relieves bloating and nausea, prevents bad breath and reduces PMS symptoms
- Oolong Tea: Aids in weight loss, increases metabolic rate
- Matcha Tea: Promotes detoxification, boots immune system and increases metabolic rate
- White Tea: Reduces stress, aids in weight loss and promotes detoxification
- Ginger Tea: Relieves upset stomach, reduces bloating, soothes sore throats
- Black Tea: Helps with weight loss, reduces anxiety and relieves headaches
- Chai Tea: Strengthens the immune system, reduces inflammation and prevents ailments
- Hibiscus Tea: Helps to regulate high blood pressure and aids in improving respiratory conditions and diseases
- Chamomile Tea: Relieves headaches, bloating and anxiety and aids in sleep patterns
It is apparent that there are numerous types of tea, all of which offer their own unique benefits and help to better the mind and body. Tea (depending on retailers) is relatively inexpensive and is available for purchase in a majority of supermarkets and health food stores, and so I encourage you to begin experimenting with its different flavours today. Keep me posted!