Wearing a facial SPF has always been an issue for me. I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin, therefore it is difficult to designate a facial SPF that won’t make any of my pre-existing skin concerns worse.
Wearing a facial SPF and furthermore SPF in general when out in the sun is so important. The sun’s rays continue to strengthen in their UV index as global warming progresses, and the damage that can occur to skin as a result of the sun can be fatal.
I did some research and found what have been recognized as some of the best facial SPF’s for acne prone skin. These recommended products are listed on clearawayacne.com, and I have not experimented with any, so be sure to do some more extensive research about these products if you decide to purchase any.
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF-46 Acne Sunscreen
- Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense Sunscreen
- Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-free UV Protector SPF-42 Broad Spectrum for Face
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Face Sunscreen for Acne
- MD SolarSciences Mineral Crème SPF 50 Acne Sunscreen
- Rejuvelle Sunscreen For Face SPF-45
- Murad Mattifier For Oily, Acne Prone Skin With SPF 15
One negative aspect associated with facial SPF products is their price. Unfortunately, a majority of facial sunscreens of better quality tend to be expensive, and for some persons this is a major turn-off. However, if you are in a situation in which you are able to afford these products, I recommend doing so and saving your money elsewhere, for example not buying a Starbuck’s daily or refraining from going out for dinner as often. Facial Sunscreen may seem like an insignificant purchase, but your skin and overall health will reap the benefits of making use of this product. Be smart and always protect your skin from the sun! It’s worth it.