If you’re in a romantic relationship with someone, chances are that at some point you and your partner have gotten into an argument regarding what activity to engage in whilst on a date. Whether it be because neither of you can decide what it is that you want to do or none of the proposed options sound appealing, trying to designate a fun and enjoyable date idea can be challenging.
I decided to come up with a list of suggestions for potential dates between you and your partner, ideas that are not only very doable but are furthermore inexpensive. Having a list of options to select from when it comes time to choose what it is you and your partner are doing can minimize indecisiveness and also irritation.
- Have a movie or television series marathon via Netflix
- Go to the movies and watch something neither of you would typically choose
- Go for a walk around your neighbourhood or take a trail
- Try out a completely foreign cuisine at a restaurant
- Create a workout or go to the gym together
- Find recipes to create an entire meal (including dessert) and cook together
- Take a tour of a winery or a brewery
- Attend a paint night at a cafe
- Have a game night featuring your favourite board games
- Go for a drive through the country and stop whenever something catches your eye
- Do yardwork together
- Take lessons together in something neither of you are familiar with
- Go fishing
- Have a bonfire
If any of theee ideas spark an interest, pursue it! It is far too easy to fall into a rut within a relationship and engage in the same activities repeatedly. Challenge yourself and your partner and try something new. If you enjoy it, you have something to do again, and if not then at least you learned something about yourselves.