International Women’s Day occurred a few days ago, and while I didn’t make a post regarding the topic the day of, I figure it’s better late than never and that I’ll do one now.
Rather than listing the ways in which women are so incredibly tremendous (since we already know these things), I thought I would share some pretty damn powerful quotes about lady power.
These quotes are brought to you by Harper’s Bazaar.
- “I raise up my voice—not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. … We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “I’m tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong, it’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” – G.D. Anderson
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
“Women must learn to play the game as men do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Women will be hidden no more. We will not remain hidden figures. We have names. … It was woman that gave you Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It was woman that gave you Malcolm X. And according to the Bible, it was a woman that gave you Jesus. Don’t you ever forget it.” – Janelle Monáe
Nothing like some female empowerment to start your day off on the right foot.