I will be honest and admit that one of my favourite things about Christmastime are the sweets that accompany the holiday. I have a serious sweet tooth and always have, so it’s no surprise that I take advantage of these goodies before they’re gone.
One of my favourite holiday treats is white chocolate peppermint bark. Is this something that can only be enjoyed during the holidays? Absolutely not. But, a lot of us associate peppermint with Christmastime, so it is understandable why this is a considered a Christmas treat.
I’ve never made my own white chocolate peppermint bark, but I’ve always wanted to, so I thought I would share a recipe from allrecipes.com to not only encourage myself to take a crack at making these bad boys, but potentially someone else, too.
You will need:
- “2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli®)
- 12 peppermint candy canes, broken into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
- Step 1: Line an 11×17-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2: Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass bowl on 50% power for 3 minutes. Stir well until bowl is no longer warm. Heat for 3 minutes more; stir. Heat for 1 minute more and stir; repeat as necessary until chocolate is completely smooth.
- Step 3: Stir candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate until well combined. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet. Smooth with a spatula. Refrigerate until set, 30 minutes to overnight. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container,” the recipe states.
This recipe makes 20 servings, or roughly one pound of bark.
Keep in mind that peppermint oil is different from peppermint extract when you’re picking up ingredients to make this at home. It’s a very straightforward recipe, and I figure if I believe I can make this stuff, so can you. I mean, you only need three ingredients.