I try my best to keep the tone here on my blog as light and optimistic as possible, but, I’m a realist, and life ain’t always sunshine and puppies.
The world would be a far better place if each day consisted of interaction with sunshine and puppies, I think, but sadly, this is not the case.
We’re human, meaning we all have our ticks and things we find irritating. I’ve always found it rather interesting that someone can experience irrefutable irritation when dealing with a specific scenario that another person wouldn’t blink twice at, and because of these inconsistencies and the subjectivity affiliated with annoyance, I thought it would be somewhat entertaining to share with all of you what gets me going, and vice versa.
These are some of the things that came to the cranium when I contemplated what makes me want to put my head inside a wood chipper.
- When people constantly interrupt you or talk over you (men, this one is for you)
- People who chew with their mouth open – no one asked, nor wants, to see your chewed-up food, you animal
- When there is hair inside an article of clothing I’m wearing that I cannot find
- When inanimate objects don’t perform as they’re intended to
- Hitting potholes, even when you swerve to avoid them
- Having a burnt tongue or burnt-anything inside my mouth
- When there is food stuck in my teeth and I don’t have a toothpick handy
- People who are far too elaborate in their explanation of something that could have taken five minutes but instead takes 30
- People who send six text messages in a row instead of sending one larger one
- The concept of using social media as a diary – keep that shit to yourself
- Watery eyes
- Anyone who speaks at an unnecessarily high volume
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/3812739/pexels-photo-3812739.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1