With summer comes the pressure to achieve a so-called “beach body”, and while I am not particularly a fan of this societal expectation and feel as though individuals should embrace their bodies in every season, a lot of persons are attempting to get into shape before their first trip to the beach. For that reason, I thought I would offer some different exercises that are intended to boost your booty, and these exercises come from menshealth.com.
- Step-Ups: Place an object in front of you that is approximately 2-3 feet off of the ground/high. Step up onto the object, one foot at a time, and step down in the same motion. Repeat.
- Hip Thrust: Lie on your back and pull your knees upwards until they are comfortably bent. Lift your pelvis off of the ground and thrust upwards, keeping your feet planted. Repeat. To increase the intensity of this exercise, perform the hip thrust with one leg crossed over the other, meaning you are thrusting with one leg. Alternate between legs for maximum results.
- Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees until they become level with your hips and rise. Repeat.
- Lunges: Begin with feet together in a standing position. Step forward with one leg, allowing the knee to bend until almost touching the floor. Straighten and repeat with opposite leg.
- Hip Hinges: Begin in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Keeping your torso/back straight, begin to bend until your torso is parallel with the floor. Rise upwards and thrust hips out while doing so.
If you’re looking for more of a challenge, try conducting these exercises with weights, for example dumbbells or ankle weights. Only do this once you have perfected the exercise itself, and be sure to stretch prior to engaging in any physical activity.