If you’re unsure of what exactly a detox smoothie is intended to do, it’s essentially a way of ridding your body of toxins and other negative chemicals in order to achieve a healthier state overall. There are different ways to practice detoxification in terms of the body, however I figure if you can do it while simultaneously downing a smoothie, you’re on the right track.
Recipes for detox smoothies can be easily found via some simple Google searching, and the following recipes come from prevention.com (https://www.prevention.com/food/25-delectable-detox-smoothies/slide/7). All of these smoothie recipes make two servings, therefore you’re able to detox with a friend or simply save some for the next day!
(1) “Berry Breakfast”: In a blender combine 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, 3/4 cup chilled unsweetened almond or rice milk, 1/4 cup frozen pitted unsweetened cherries or raspberries, 1 1/2 Tbsp honey, 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger, 1 tsp ground flaxseed and 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
(2) “The Super Green”: In a blender combine 1¼ cups chopped kale leaves (stems and tough rib removed), 1¼ cups frozen cubed mango, 2 medium ribs celery, chopped, 1 cup chilled fresh tangerine or orange juice, ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley and ¼ cup chopped fresh mint.
(3) “Hale to the Kale”: In a blender combine ½ pear, ¼ avocado, ½ cucumber, ½ lemon, handful of cilantro, 1 cup kale (packed), ½ inch ginger, ½ cup coconut water, 1 scoop protein powder and water.
(4) “Sweet Spirit”: In a blender combine ½ banana, ½ cup blueberries, ¼ avocado, ½ cup almond milk, 1 tsp spirulina, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and water.
(5) “Belly Soother”: In a blender combine 1 cup papaya, 1 cup coconut kefir, coconut yogurt or cultured coconut milk, juice from ½ lime and 1 tbsp raw honey.
It is apparent from the ingredients listed for the above detox smoothies that in order for something to have detoxifying properties, it must contain a type of food that naturally detoxifies the body. Some example include ginger, herbs, vegetables and flax seeds, and I guarantee that with some simple research and practice you will be coming up with your own detox smoothies recipes in no time.