My mom has always had a passion for relieving bodily ailments naturally whenever possible, and through her passion, she discovered oregano oil and its benefits, which I thank her for.
If you’re unaware of what exactly oregano oil is, it is an essential oil that is extracted from oregano leaves. Organic Facts offers a lot of useful information about oregano oil and its benefits, so check it out if you wish to learn more.
The oregano plant typically grows in mountain ranges, hence its name (Oregano means Delight of the Mountains). The benefits of using oregano oil were first acknowledged in ancient Greece as it was used to treat antibacterial infections and to further protect food from bacteria.
Some of the benefits of using oregano oil are as follows:
- To treat respiratory conditions: Oregano oil aids in loosening up phlegm and mucus in the respiratory tract and sinuses
- To aid in inflammation: Oregano oil can soothe both internal and external inflammation and can be applied topically to the skin for external uses or consumed to for internal uses
- To prevent infection: Organo oil protects against bacterial infections
- To treat fungus: Oregano oil has the ability to protect the body from fungus both internally and externally
- To prevent viral infections: Oregano oil helps to strengthen the immune system, and in doing so increases bodily protection against viral infections such as colds, mumps, measles, and pox
- To treat parasites: Parasites such as roundworms, tapeworms, lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and fleas can be combatted with oregano oil
- To regulate the menstrual cycle: Oregano oil helps to regulate menstruation and to delay the onset of menopause
- To relieve allergies: Oregano oils sedative properties help to relieve allergy symptoms
- To promote digestions: Oregano oil encourages the body to generate digestive juices which promote healthy digestion
Some other benefits of oregano oil include its ability to heal psoriasis, eczema, athlete’s foot, the flu, food poisoning and congestion.
Oregano oil can be purchased where other essential oils are sold, and further at major stores and health-food/naturopathic stores. It can be used externally and internally, but be sure to do some research to determine how you personally should be using it, and consult with your physician before doing so. It truly is a powerhouse!