For anyone who hasn’t made use of a vegetable powder, it is understandable why the purpose of it may be questioned. Why take vegetables in a powder form when you can just eat them as is?
While this is an absolutely valid question, for people like myself who aren’t the biggest fan of veggies but recognize their importance and the benefits they offer to the body, vegetable powder is a wonderful thing. With one scoop of the stuff, there is a good chance you can get your daily recommended intake of greens, and when you throw the powder in a smoothie with some other goodness, you might not even realize you’re consuming vegetables.
It’s pretty convenient.
I thought I would do a little bit of research to see which vegetable powders claimed the throne in 2020. This information comes from verywellfit.com.
“Best Overall: Garden of Life Superfood Juiced Greens Powder at Amazon
- ‘Featuring 34 raw, organically grown, non-GMO greens, Garden of Life dries their greens at the farm within an hour of harvesting.’
“Best Organic: Nested Naturals Super Greens at Amazon
- ‘One serving contains 51 percent of the recommended daily intake of iodine, a mineral known to support thyroid health.’
“Best With Probiotics: Vibrant Health Green Vibrance Plant-Based Superfood Powder at Amazon
- ‘The plant-based powder includes adaptogens, digestive enzymes, and probiotics in the nutrient-rich blend.’
“Best With Protein: Amazing Grass Vegan Protein Powder at Amazon
- ‘This is the perfect nutrient boost to add to your daily routine or to keep on hand when traveling.’
“Best Budget: Nature’s Plus Ultra Juice Green Powder at Amazon
- ‘This powder offers the same amount of nutrient horsepower as approximately six servings of green vegetables.’
“Best for Athletes: BioSteel Powdered Greens Antioxidant Superfood at Amazon
- ‘Rich in greens from both land and sea and boasts antioxidants from goji berries, camu camu, blueberries, and tart cherry.’
“Best with Collagen: Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens at Amazon
- ‘An excellent two-in-one product combines Vital Proteins’ protein-packed marine collagen powder with organic greens powder,'” the web page says.
If you’ve been contemplating giving a vegetable powder a try, perhaps consider one of these options to get you started.