As promised in my post a few days ago about random facts, here are some more, still from bestlifeonline.com.
- “The English word with the most definitions is ‘set.’
- Creedence Clearwater Revival has the most No. 2 Billboard hits—without ever hitting No. 1 (this one personally pains me seeing as CCR is one of my favourite bands and I find it mind-boggling they didn’t have a song reach the top spot).
- Pigeons can tell the difference between a painting by Monet and Picasso.
- The dot over the lower case ‘i’ or ‘j’ is known as a ‘tittle’ (I feel like there could have been a better decision made with this particular term).
- Chewing gum boosts concentration.
- Superman didn’t always fly.
- The first computer was invented in the 1940s.
- Space smells like seared steak.
- The longest wedding veil was the same length as 63.5 football fields.
- The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.
- Bees sometimes sting other bees.
- Kids ask 300 questions a day.
- The total weight of ants on earth once equaled the total weight of people.
- A dozen bodies were once found in Benjamin Franklin’s basement.
- The healthiest place in the world is in Panama.
- A pharaoh once lathered his slaves in honey to keep bugs away from him.
- Some people have an extra bone in their knee (and it’s getting more common).
- Showers really do spark creativity.
- Abraham Lincoln’s bodyguard left his post at Ford’s Theatre to go for a drink.
- Dolphins have been trained to be used in wars.
- Playing the accordion was once required for teachers in North Korea.
- Water makes different pouring sounds depending on its temperature.
- Dogs actually understand some English,” the website says.
This is not saying goodbye to these awesome and super random facts – there are still more to come in the near future.
Image from https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1568526381923-caf3fd520382?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&auto=format&fit=crop&w=750&q=80