I came to the realization the other day that I share plenty of recipes with you from a variety of sources, but to date, I believe I’ve only shared one of my own personal recipes, if you can call it that. I don’t normally use recipes when I cook, unless I’m looking to make something rather specific I haven’t yet concocted.
I made a pasta dish a while back that was quite delicious, and Blaine agreed. It was actually the first dinner I made in our new home, and because Blaine recently mentioned it and its deliciousness, I thought I would share this creation with all of you.
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Half of a white onion
- Six cloves of garlic
- Four honey garlic sausages, cut into slices
- One bag of penne pasta
- Tomato sauce
- A generous handful of shredded cheese, whichever kind you like
- Salt and pepper
- Start by bringing water, generously salted, to a boil in a pot for your pasta
- Warm up your olive oil in a saucepan
- While that’s warming, finely dice your onion and garlic cloves
- Once your oil is nice and hot, throw in your onion and garlic and allow to brown slightly
- Add your sausage to the pan and occasionally stir, ensuring it browns and cooks throughout, and season with salt and pepper
- By now the water for the pasta should be boiling, so throw in your penne and turn your heat down to medium
- Allow the pasta to cook for about 10 minutes or until it is aldente
- Once the pasta and sausage are cooked, toss them together with your tomato sauce, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
This dish is rather delicious and doesn’t take a lot of time or skill to make. You can swap the tomato sauce for alfredo or pesto, or anything you like, really.
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/1437267/pexels-photo-1437267.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1