Well, here we are facing another year, putting the previous behind us. It’s difficult to stop and seriously ponder the fact that another year has come and gone considering it seems like time is stuck in fast motion, but at the end of each year, I like to do a little bit of self-reflection and recognize some of the highlights of the year in conclusion.
I feel as though this is a beneficial practice for anyone, and I encourage you to look back at 2019 and acknowledge the highs and lows, too. It’s a great way to see how far we’ve come, and further anticipate what potentially lies ahead in the new year.
Some of my 2019 highlights include:
- Having the opportunity to work at Bonnieheath Estate Lavender & Winery and significantly expanding my knowledge of both lavender and wine
- Starting and finishing jobs that led to new experiences and beginnings
- Spending another year with my family, friends and boyfriend
- Working another year on the family farm and broadening my skills and understandings with new learning experiences
- Getting some answers pertaining to my digestive issues (hopefully with more to come)
These are a few examples of some of the things that stood out to me this year in terms of being positive, and while I’m certain there are plenty more, these are what comes to mind upon first thought. 2019 presented me with many highs, and many lows, too, the latter being a constructive reminder to be grateful for daily blessings and gifts and to refrain from taking things for granted.
Depending on what’s occurring in our lives, it can be difficult to stop for a moment and reflect on what the closing year has offered us. That’s why I like to do a post of this sort at the end of every year; it’s a fantastic means to look back and revel in the good, reflect on the bad, and be optimistic for what lies ahead in the new year.