Feeling tired all of the time regardless of how much sleep we get is not a nice experience. A lack of energy over an extended period of time can be a real hindrance in terms of our productivity, therefore its best to tackle the potential complications of sluggishness as soon as they present themselves.
Thankfully, there a few things we can do to combat tiredness naturally. An article from WebMD lists a few suggestions, so let’s take a closer look.
- Try upping the amount of magnesium you’re consuming. It is recommended that men intake roughly 350 mg of magnesium a day, and women 300 mg, so try working some almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, whole grains and more fish into your diet.
- Although it may sound like a paradox, getting some exercise while feeling tired is a great way to boost energy levels
- Experiment with short naps to see if it helps your overall energy
- Try your best to avoid skipping meals, as it can significantly contribute to feelings of fatigue
- Addressing and dealing with both stress and anger can reduce feelings of tiredness, so refrain from letting these things build up
- Increase your water intake and reduce your alcohol intake
- Similar to the above suggestion, increase your consumption of whole grains and reduce your consumption of sugar
- Fuel your body with snacks that combine protein, fat and fiber to get a quick energy boost, and with that, add some milk to your java to get some extra protein and calcium
These are only a few ways in which we can attempt to enhance our energy in natural ways, but I’m willing to bet there are a lot more options out there. Do some research to see if you can come across a recommendation that suits your lifestyle, and speak to your doctor if your fatigue is relentless and just won’t budge.