Autumn is hands down my favourite season for a variety of reasons. I love seeing the leaves on the trees transform into a colourful medley of beauty; I look forward to changing from shorts and sandals to cozy sweaters and boots; and I have a definite appreciation for Halloween and all things spooky.
Because Fall is now here and there is so much to look forward to throughout this magical season, I thought I would compile a list of potential activities to participate in and enjoy until Winter is here. These are just a few examples of what I was able to come up with.
- Carve a pumpkin or two
- Try baking a classic Fall pie like apple or pecan
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Try navigating through a corn maze
- Hit up a haunted house
- Have a scary movie marathon
- Try your hand at photography and take in the beautiful Autumn views
- Go apple picking
- Take a hike along a trail adorned with vivid Fall foliage
- Make some homemade candy apples
- Enjoy a picnic complete with warm apple cider
- Consider making fair food at home, for example, corn dogs, deep fried chocolate bars and elephant ears
- Make some preserves
- Hit up a local brewery or winery
- Go for a drive down a heavily wooded road
- Get cozy around a fire with some hot chocolate or your favourite warm drink and some warm blankets and stargaze
- Try making some mulled wine
- Turn raking leaves into a fun game and get the entire family involved
These are some (potentially COVID-19 friendly) Autumn-oriented activities that come to mind when I contemplate what some of us might get up to in the fall, and I hope there is something on this list that appeals to everyone. If I’ve missed your favourite Fall activity, fill me in by commenting.
Image from https://unsplash.com/photos/kAc0En1s1h8