I’ve said it before via my blog in a couple of different posts, but I thoroughly enjoy reading very random yet simultaneously interesting facts. I’m not exactly sure why I enjoy doing this, but I have my entire life, and I’m hoping there are some folks out there who, like me, find pleasure in reading rather odd facts.
The internet is a glorious place for this particular topic, and these following facts come from bestlifeonline.com.
- “More human twins are being born now than ever before.
- A narwhal’s tusk reveals its past living conditions.
- The first person convicted of speeding was going eight mph.
- ‘New car smell’ is the scent of dozens of chemicals.
- The world wastes about 1 billion metric tons of food each year.
- The severed head of a sea slug can grow a whole new body.
- Hair and nails grow faster during pregnancy.
- The world’s smallest reptile was first reported in 2021.
- Many feet bones don’t harden until you’re an adult.
- Some sea snakes can breathe through their skin.
- The heads on Easter Island have bodies.
- The moon has moonquakes.
- Goosebumps are meant to ward off predators.
- Pineapple works as a natural meat tenderizer.
- Humans are the only animals that blush.
- The wood frog can hold its pee for up to eight months.
- The hottest spot on the planet is in Libya.
- You lose up to 30 percent of your taste buds during flight.
- Your nostrils work one at a time.
- Only two mammals like spicy food: humans and the tree shrew.
- A chef’s toque contains 100 folds.
- Rabbits can’t puke.
- Copper door knobs are self-disinfecting.
- Cotton candy was invented by a dentist.
- Marie Curie is the only person to earn a Nobel prize in two different sciences,” the website explains.
Please do what you will with this information my friends. More facts are coming soon!
Image from https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1533837380560-75f4b1461e8b?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=750&q=80