If you’re a fan of seafood, or shrimp, more specifically, chances are you have eaten crispy shrimp at a restaurant and experienced an euphoric explosion of taste and wonder on your tongue. I’m not exactly sure what the secret is among restaurants when it comes to preparing said crispy shrimp, but I have never had a homemade version that even compares to the same dish when eating out.
That being said, I wanted to see if I could find a recipe that enables one to create such a life-changing dish from the comfort of home, and I do believe I found one that allows for such an opportunity. This particular recipe comes from dinnerthendessert.com, and based on its ratings, I think I may have stumbled across a real winner here.
“Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
“Bang Bang Shrimp from the Bonefish Grill is crispy, creamy, sweet and spicy with just a few ingredients and tastes just like the most popular appetizer on the menu.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- canola oil for frying
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce and Sriracha and stir.
- In a second bowl add the shrimp and buttermilk and stir to coat all the shrimp.
- Remove from the buttermilk and let excess liquid drain away.
- Coat the shrimp in cornstarch.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add 2-3 inches of canola oil and heat to 375 degrees
- Fry the shrimp until lightly brown, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Once fried coat with the sauce and serve immediately,” the recipe states.
Anyone who is a true crispy shrimp aficionado will hopefully understand what I’m describing when talking about how damn tasty this dish is when served in a restaurant, and now, thanks to the lovely recipe provided above, we can prepare and enjoy this delectable creation right from home.