This past Sunday, Blaine and I did some small-scale entertaining in our home.
Well, to be honest, I did the majority of the entertaining, but Blaine was present, so I suppose he gets some recognition.
We had Blaine’s parents over for dinner, and it marked the first occasion on which I prepared dinner for someone other than my husband or my sister. I wanted to make something new, so after a bit of searching via Google, I came across a pasta recipe from Tasty that I figured would do the trick. Check it out.
for 4 servings
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach(80 g)
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups cream(360 mL)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese(100 g), plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 10 oz penne pasta(285 g), cooked until al dente
- 3 tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a deep skillet, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel to drain, then chop.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Cook until no longer pink inside.
- Add the garlic and cook until softened.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the cream, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Add the penne and bacon, and stir until fully coated in sauce.
- Serve with parsley, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Enjoy!” the recipe states.
I decided to go with this recipe not only because it sounded delicious, but because it has some incredible ratings. And, after making it myself, I can attest to these ratings – this dish is fucking tasty, and I highly recommend giving it a try.
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/1487511/pexels-photo-1487511.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1