After yesterday’s post, I thought it would make sense to provide all of you with a recipe to make with an air fryer. Seeing as I praised and applauded an air fryer as a cooking tool for the duration of yesterday’s post, I realized today that folks might be questioning what exactly to create in this brilliant appliance invention. I figured pizza is a dish that just about all of us like and enjoy, hence why I’m here today sharing an air fryer pizza recipe with all of you.
Keep in mind when cooking with an air fryer that they come in different sizes in terms of how much food they can hold. The model I own has one basket, but you can get some with multiple cooking baskets which certainly comes in handy when there are multiple ingredients that require cooking for a given recipe.
This recipe comes from liveeatlearn.com.
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Pizza dough 1 12-inch dough will make 2 personal sized pizzas
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Optional toppings to finish: fresh basil, parmesan cheese, pepper flakes
- Prep: Preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Spray air fryer basket well with oil. Pat mozzarella dry with paper towels (to prevent a soggy pizza).
- Cook Crust: Roll out pizza dough to the size of your air fryer basket. Carefully transfer it to the air fryer, then brush lightly with a teaspoon or so of olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Assemble: To the precooked crust, spoon on a light layer of tomato sauce and sprinkle with chunks of buffalo mozzarella.
- Bake: For about 7 minutes until crust is crispy and cheese has melted. Optionally top with basil, grated parmesan, and pepper flakes just before serving,” the recipe states.
This pizza recipe doesn’t have any source of protein included in its ingredients, but I don’t see why you couldn’t slap some pepperoni, bacon or beef crumbles on this bad boy.
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/1653877/pexels-photo-1653877.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1