The other night, I found myself in a bit of a pickle in regard to what exactly I was going to make for dinner on this particular evening for Blaine and me. I knew I was making pasta of some sort, but needed to come up with a protein, and I was running short on time.
I found some frozen chicken breasts and managed to thaw them relatively quickly, but then it was a matter of preparing it and cooking it as quickly as possible. I knew the oven would take too long, so I figured I would search for a recipe explaining how to bake chicken breasts in an air fryer. I came across the following recipe from spendwithpennies.com, and it ended up being an excellent choice.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts 6-7 oz each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
“Seasoning mix (or use your favorite seasoning blend)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F. Combine the seasoning mix.
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil. Season with the mix or your favorite seasoning blend.
- Place chicken breasts in the air fryer (ensuring they don’t overlap) and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and cook an additional 6-9 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing,” the recipe states.
Depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts you’re cooking, you may have to keep them in the air fryer for an extra minute or so. Feel free to add some of your favourite spices in addition to the ones listed in this recipe, as I did. You can never have too much spice.
The chicken came out of my air fryer incredibly juicy and tender, and it tasted great as well. I absolutely recommend this recipe and I imagine I’ll be referencing it again quite soon.