I realize that a lot of us are likely going to read the title of this post and think to ourselves, ‘seriously?’ considering how much of a shit show 2020 has been. It is hard to believe that at the beginning of this year we were mourning the loss of Kobe Bryant and fearing murder hornets, but believe it or not, that was this year. COVID-19 sort of took over when it made its rather intense introduction globally, and unfortunately, this pandemic has essentially taken over 2020.
I’m not denying that this year wasn’t the best for most of us, but I do believe it to be important to acknowledge the good things that came from 2020. It would arguably benefit a lot of us to recognize some positives that occurred this year, and I encourage everyone to take some time to contemplate what we may be thankful for that happened this year.
Here are some of my 2020 highlights.
- Blaine and I began working on the house we are going to be moving into
- I’ve started some wedding planning (thanks to the help of my sister)
- One of my cousins got engaged
- Another one of my cousins got married
- We made it through another harvest on the farm
- We got a puppy
- I made a wonderful new friend
- I lost other friends that were toxic
- I started therapy
- I watched some really great television series and movies
- I spent time with friends, family and loves ones
- I’ve been engaged for nearly one year already
These highlights may not be the most exciting events, but for me, they’re worth acknowledging. After a year like the one we have had and the fact that it is almost concluded, I really believe it has never been more important to give some attention to the good that occurred in our lives this year.
What are some of your 2020 highlights?