If you’re a resident of Ontario and are tempted to pull your own hair out after Doug Ford’s most recent stay-at-home order, you’re not alone.
In all honesty, I’m surprised I haven’t seen more bald folks walking around.
If, however, you would rather not buzz your head out of desperation and boredom, I encourage you to continue reading. I thought I would do a bit of brainstorming in hopes of providing some options to help anyone stuck at home for the next little while to pass the time, and perhaps I’ve listed something that appeals to you. Check it out.
- Consider planting and tending to a garden
- If physically able, try walking, hiking, jogging or biking
- Start reading some books you’ve been prolonging for a while
- Learn how to play a musical instrument (YouTube is a fantastic resource for this)
- If you’re artistic, take up painting or drawing
- Rearrange some furniture in your home to spruce things up
- Give your home a facelift with some fresh paint and decorative pieces if needed
- Adopt or foster a rescue animal for a new companion
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure at home
- Have an at-home spa day
- Do some yard-work
- Give your home a thorough cleaning
- Research something you’re interested in but may not know much about
- Try making some DIY beauty products, for example, face masks and scrubs
- Take a stab at photography with your phone
- Learn how to cook/bake something you’ve always wanted to make
- Take up journalling or creative writing
- Explore some new and foreign genres of music and film
- Play some board games with whoever you share a home with
- Consider repurposing an old piece of furniture to breathe some new life into it
- Consider selling some pieces of furniture or other knick knacks you have laying the house around to earn a couple bucks
Hang in there folks. We will get through this.
Image from https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1456086272160-b28b0645b729?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=889&q=80