Please don’t kill me, but I have to be honest and admit that I am not in any way, shape or form a big fan of pumpkin. You can prepare it however you would like, but I’m probably not going to enjoy it, regardless of the version of pumpkin you serve me. I love pumpkins when it comes to fall/Halloween decor, but that’s where my love for this stuff comes to a screeching halt.
So, if you hadn’t guessed it, I’m not a fan of pumpkin pie. But, because pumpkin pie is a comfort food classic and tends to be rather popular this time of year, I thought I would put our differences aside and offer you a supposedly perfect pumpkin pie recipe – at least, that’s what the title suggests.
This recipe comes from allrecipes.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Step 2 Whisk pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Step 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until a knife inserted 1 inch from the crust comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Step 5 Let cool before serving,” the recipe states.
Enjoy! I certainly won’t, but here’s hoping this recipe is as perfect as it claims to be, and, based on the reviews from folks who have actually made this version of pumpkin pie, it’s pretty damn great. Have a slice for me, my friends.
Image from https://images.pexels.com/photos/669729/pexels-photo-669729.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1
2 thoughts on “Here’s how to make the perfect pumpkin pie”
Im not a huge fan of pumpkin either. There are rare occasions when I will try a piece of pie but for the most part I rather look at a pumpkin on my porch on Halloween rather then eat it lol. 🎃 🎃
I couldn’t agree more!! Thank you for reading. 🙂