When it comes to cookies, it is safe to say I have my favourites. Cookies as a general concept are one of my preferred desserts, but if I had to pick my go-to flavours, they would be chocolate chip, oatmeal, and sugar cookies.
These guys are the cream of the crop, if you ask me, but I can respect any and all cookie flavours in a relative sense.
Sugar cookies are a great idea any time of year, but for me, they are seemingly tastier around Christmastime, and because the holiday season is not that far off, I thought I would share a recipe for some homemade sugar cookies for all of us to benefit from and enjoy. This particular recipe comes from cookingclassy.com.
“Sugar Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups (354g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure, I like to use unbleached)
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
“How to Make Homemade Sugar Cookies from Scratch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until well combined.
- Mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out using a medium cookie scoop (or 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time, and roll into balls if not using a cookie scoop) and drop onto baking sheet, spacing them 2-inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 9 – 11 minutes, they should appear slightly under-baked. If baking more than one batch at once rotate pans halfway through baking.
- Cool on pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely,” the recipe states.
Let’s do some baking.
Image from https://www.cookingclassy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/sugar-cookies-13-600×400.jpg