I promised Blaine I would make him some homemade banana bread shortly after he and I moved into our home. I haven’t forgotten about or abandoned my promise, but I should probably make note of the fact that almost five months have elapsed since making this promise to Blaine.
I figure if I write a blog post with a phenomenal banana bread recipe, according to its online ratings, and Blaine sees it, he will arguably make mention of it to me which will then provoke my memory and get the banana bread fire lit under my ass to actually make it.
I may be blonde, but I’m not perpetually stupid. Depends on the day.
Anyways, this recipe comes from thesaltymarshmallow.com.
- 1 Stick (½ Cup) Butter
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
- Add the stick of butter to a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted.
- Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use the same fork to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
- In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean,” the recipe states.
The recipe does note that chocolate chips or nuts could easily be added to the batter, and personally, I would add chocolate chips as chocolate makes most situations better.
Enjoy, my friends.
Image from https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/banana-bread.jpg